Monday, March 24, 2008

Our hearts

Lately, I have been reading somethings online that I find really troubling. Their seem to be some people who really like to tear others down. They are christian mommas, who love God and loves to tell why they are right and everyone else is wrong and in sin. Well, I don't know about you, but I am not perfect. I thought no one was perfect except Christ. I feel like it is a shame on me, my house isn't all neat and tidy all the time, my kids whine, I didn't do enough homeschooling, I didn't cook a healthy enough meal, I didn't spend 4 hours reading my bible, I didn't know the pagan history of Easter, or end time rapture. (some of you may know where I am going with this). Again, I AM NOT PERFECT AND NEITHER ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am wrong sometimes, you are wrong sometimes. If we were always right why would we need to pray and read the bible. We would already know everything. Well, here is the facts on me. I love Jesus. I was saved when I was 12. I have sinned alot since then. I try not to sin now. I read my bible. I don't go to church enough. I love my husband and kids. I truly with all my heart try to do right. But I am human and I make mistakes. My house always has toys everywhere. But hey, the dishes are done... I don't always get all my school work with the kids done. But we homeschool year round. I sometimes feed them....fish sticks or Mcdonalds. But they will survive. I don't read my bible for four hours. But I do read it. I didn't know about Pagan Easter history. But things only have the value that we place on it. If I want to have dinner and hide colored eggs with my kids, I don't believe I would be damned to hell. But maybe I am wrong, I am not perfect. What I do know is, I am a child of God. Not equal and all knowing as God, but a child of God. As any child, I make mistakes. And my Father corrects me and guides me along my path. I am sure he may get angry with me but he loves me anyway. So lets not tear each other down. We make it so easy for satan by the way we act with one another. Who cares if my house is perfect, if my kids are perfect, if I am perfect? It is only my heart and soul that is going to be with Jesus, not my perfect life. And while I do believe we should teach each other, I also believe there is a difference between teaching and putting down. You can't teach someone who is not yet willing to learn. God will put it on their heart and he will put into yours to teach them. Sorry, this is so long. But just go out their and be happy that you are doing all you can to be the best you in Christ that you can be. Have a blessed day.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Having a bad day werent you. Who made you mad?
Love me

Danielle said...

Amen to this sister. I just pray and ask the Lord to forgive all the times I've cut other folks down with my "christianity". In the last couple years I've been humbled and hopefully I'm more loving and forgiving and less prideful and less legalistic. I've opened my mouth wide and let my opinions on things hurt others. Thankfully, we grow, we change, we are daughters of the King.