Monday, August 18, 2008

Don't look at the dark.

Sometimes we can learn so much from our children. Tonight, my children were playing in our den when they decided they needed a toy from dd's bedroom. DS told dd to go get it. Well, the light in her bedroom was off and it was very dark. Of course, she is terrified of the dark. She came running back into the den yelling its too dark, too dark. With more wisdom than he knows, my ds said to her "Just don't look at the dark, only look at the light." How cool is that? How often in this life do we focus on all things dark. The dark that robs us of our joy and happiness. Darkness seems to follow us everywhere. If we are homeschooling, doing chores, or talking to our dh about something important, darkness tends to loom. It is how we choose to look at things that makes all the difference. Do we tend to look at all that darkness or do we look at the light of Jesus Christ? Do we look for the presence of God or the darkness of evil? I believe that what we choose to look at and how we choose to respond effects us a great deal. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I Am come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10. Jesus is the light of the world. No darkness dwells in him. All darkness has to flee in his presence. I speak the light of Jesus Christ in this place.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I know that I am not a blood relative, but somehow those babies got their brains from me. LOL!!! We love you all, tell DH to take a day and come see us. We miss you guys much..

Anonymous said...

It's amazing some of the things which come out of the mouths of children.

Mrs. Random said...

Hi, I hope you don't mind my dropping by. I saw your blog title on Homeschool Blog Awards, and "Joy Comes in the Morning" is one of my favorite songs, so....

I've been really enjoying your blog and your insights :) I just thought I'd let you know, and thank you for the opportunity to read them :)

<3
Sunny