Thursday, August 28, 2008

Prayers please.

Going for my fist ob visit and I am a little nervous. I don't like doctors in general. Don't get me wrong there are a few good ones, but mostly you are just a dollar sign and not a person. I would like to have a home birth, but we live two hours or more from any decent hospitals. That is a little scary if something goes wrong. Our closest hospital is state run and it is more like a band aid station. But wish me blessings and hope that I get to have a sonogram. Like I mentioned before on this blog, I am way bigger than I should be. I may be further along or twins:) I am suppose to be 4 months, but I look at least six. It just makes me nervous. We have also talked about not having anymore children which breaks my heart. My body just doesn't handle pregnancy like it should. I was told with my last one not to have anymore but I am too stubborn to listen. If I do have my tubes tied, we will likely adopt as we both would like a large family. We have always wanted to ever since we were told that my dh was sterile from cancer. Praise God he had a greater physician. I know a lot of people just let God decided how many they will have, but I feel a tug at my heart telling me to adopt after this one. It is a strong feeling like it is what I should do. But how do I know if it is what God wants. If everyone just had biological children then who would care for the orphans as God has asked us to do. I don't want to offend God by having my tubes tied but I am perplexed with this situation. Any help? Blessings!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forgive me if this is a silly question but why would you need to get your tubes tied if your husband is sterile?

I'm hoping and praying that my next preganancy will be better than the first as I too want to have lots of children. I'm also hopeful that we can adopt some time in the future but the time for us is not yet.

Mrs. Random said...

I am definitely praying for you. It's hard to let go of your own dreams and hopes of how you envisioned your family. But, adoption is a wonderful, amazing journey. If God is calling you and your husband into adoption, you will find the road, though difficult and disappointing sometimes, will lead you into a land of many, many blessings :)

<3
Sunny
www.hot-fudge-oracle.blogspot.com

Joy Comes in the Morning said...

Saved sinner, the doctors thought my dh was sterile but we have had, now, three children since then, all without any medical intervention. God had truly blessed us with 3 miracles. But from that expierence, we have developed a desire to adopt. We had actually decided to adopted before I became preggy with my ds. I think that having started down that road and then being blessed with our own has deepened that desire. I think we still need some time to pray and see how this pregnancy goes.

Anonymous said...

I see - thanks for explaining.