Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Okay, today is suppose to be Thankful Thursday. But in all honesty, I have been quite depressed lately. With my dh last job and then the hold over to the job he currently has we are B...R...O....K.....E!!!!!!!! It is hard to be so cheery and joyful when bill collectors have you on speed dial. My ds birthday is next weekend and I have no idea what I am going to do for a party. We may not be getting our stimulus check because our account refuses to speak to us. He always has some excuse and so we have not filed our taxs yet:( Candy, over at always seems so happy and calm. I just wished I could be like that. But after reading her post about choosing to be happy, I think maybe I am going about it all wrong. I have so many things to be thankful for. I have my wonderful dh, my great kids. DH has a good job now. I am able to homeschool my kids and watch them grow. I have my savior and a place in heaven reserved for me. These things are all eternal. The relationship with my dh along with being here for my kids and training them up all leads to a legacy that I hope my kids understand. I pray that it leads to their relationship with the Lord and that they will instill that in their children. And as far as my relationship with my savior, I think that is self explanatory. So the bill collectors and things I want are not what I need. Because I need nothing more than God because he will supply all of my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Phil 4:19 Have a blessed day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for God's help for you in this situation. I pray that even if it does not resolve in whatever would be your ideal way that he will help you to deal with whatever happens and to trust in him. I recently read this post on Sarah Dee's blog which might be helpful: http://sarahdee123.blogspot.com/2008/06/you-say-god-says_14.html