Friday, February 22, 2008

Update on the school situation

Okay, I called HSLDA and the people there are great. I recommend any homeschooling family to join because they are so helpful. He informed me that I didn't have to follow public school's same curriculm. As long as I file a notice with the board and submitt my testing or assessment on time, I have done my part. My son just has to show that he is progressing well in his studies. He also said that if I have a hard time with getting a teacher to sign off on my son, to just give them a call and they will take care of it. Next year, I hope to just do the testing for him instead of the assessment. The board recommended that I not do testing this year, but I wish I had not listened to them. Oh well, you learn from a situation and move on. At least HSLDA has my back. Also, I did find the site words the school did recommend if I want to teach them to my son. One of the dear girls at Prairie Homemaker sent them to me. They are great girls and the forum is awesome. So Thanks!!!

No comments: