Friday, February 29, 2008

Today we finally got the chickens butchered. It was funny to watch us. We had not done that since we were kids. Anyway, the chickens are in the freezer. My son was not too happy. He wanted to keep some chickens. We told him we would get some more in the spring. So he was fine with it then. My husband didn't work today as his truck is still broke down. But with diesel being over $4.00/gal. here, I think we may be finding another job. He has a job lined up but it will be a while and he might have to get a different (more expensive) truck. I hate the option of spending money to make money so I don't know if we will go that route. Jobs is so hard to find here. I am actually really concerned. Fuel and food is so high here. My in laws just informed me that they stopped at the local grocery store and milk was $4.19 a gallon. We go through over 4 gallon a week. I am now averaging about $110 a week for food and supplies and I am nervous about it going higher. We already limit our snack foods and meats. I know it is bad everywhere. I don't know how people with very low income are suppose to live. But the Lord will provide, he always has. On a finally note, Rep. Rahall from our state has entered legislation to have a national day for recognition of miners. GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!! Miners have risked their lives for years to provide the fuel that runs our great land. It is about time they have recognition country wide for a job well done.

No comments: