Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I've got it done!

I have finally figured out our 2008-2009 curriculm. I am so excited because I have bought my books second handed and have saved a lot of money:) I hope this is the finally list but I change around a lot until I find one that just fits.

My 1st grader
Phonics- continuing Hooked on Phonics and using various library builders
Spelling-McGruffy Primer and a wonderful website with free materials
Math-Saxon math
Science-Discovering God's World, Child's First Library books, and National Geographic for kids.
History-Story of the World Vol.1 and continuing state studies
Music-listening to various CDs and learning to play guitar
Art- will be included in activites related to other subjects, biographies of artist and such
Bible-personal devotion and verse of the week
Extra-field trips and lots of lapbooks to re-enforce other subjects.

My 3yo
BFIAR
listening in on brother's lessons

There we go. Let's hope it works. I am so excited!!
The link to the free stuff for homeschoolers is http://tlsbooks.com

No comments: