Tuesday, February 23, 2010

In memory of Buck



Our beloved dog of thirteen years passed away Friday morning. I am not one to usually cry over the death of a pet, but I must admit I was crying like a baby. Buck first became a member of our family when my husband and I had only been dating for four months. Some people were giving away pups at a flea market. Over the years he has been a protector and a friend. He has ran off robbers, mountain lions, and pit bulls. He has warned us when something was wrong like the day he wouldn't let us in our truck. Turns out the brake line in the truck had broke and the brake fluid had leaked out. Our kids have know him their entire life and looked to him for protection when they were playing in the yard or when we would go into the mountains for a hike. I guess he was just a good, lovable country dog who will be sadly missed and loved by our family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I AM SO SORRY. ~hugs~ i am one to cry over losing a pet so i understand.