Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I am so so so thankful that I got five hours of sleep last night instead of the usual three. God must have really felt sorry for me and had mercy on my sleepy eyes. Baby girl seems to have colic. I thought breastfeeding babies didn't really get colic but oh well. I am just thankful to have them and the sleep was just icing on the cake;)
Other stuff:
I am ready for spring. I need to air out the house and declutter and organize. Once again the toys are taking over. DO NOT buy toys for my kids. Please. They do not need them. At least some other kids will benefit from the unused toys. I just miss my some what empty house. When we first moved here three years ago, the house seemed so empty. We didn't have the furniture or anything else, to fill it. I sure do miss that. Now there is stuff everywhere. Mostly toys, books, and papers. Even when the house is clean it still looks messy because of the clutter. Maybe I could post some pics as I start the cluttering process. I also want to paint some rooms with some left over paint that I found. Some time this spring/summer, we will be taking up our carpet. We don't have anything to put down in its place yet. But if you know me you know that I hate carpet. We all have allergies and that carpet just traps all of that stuff. I am so tired of vacuuming it and shampooing it. We will just have sub-flooring to walk around on for a while, but that is fine by me. At least it can be just mopped up instead of having to look at a stain on carpet forever:0 When we get more out of debt, we plan on buying unfinished hardwood. I lived with plywood floors before and I can do it again. I better scoot, I have laundry left to do. Blessings.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I hear you on the clutter front. It really aggitates me and makes me feel out of control! I have to declutter constantly to just release some frusteration. If I could throw everything away, I would. It is almost obsessive for me though...probably not super healthy. :o)
We put floating wood floors in our old house and I really enjoyed them. I hate carpet too. It just seems so dirty. But we will have this carpet for many more years.