Monday, December 8, 2008

I have drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After some more excuriating pain Saturday, I returned to the ER. It was a difficult trip because I went during my baby shower that our church was hosting. Sorry guys. I just couldn't handle the pain anymore. So, my mom took me to the ER. We were going to go to the hospital were my ob doctor is but the roads got terrible and were shut down. We ended up going to our small local hospital which is more like a band aid station. Well, good for them because finally someone gave me pain medicine. Apparently, I don't have just sinusitis. My sinus pressure has aggravted the vessels in my face which in turn aggrevated the nerves in my face causing some serious pain. The condition called temporal something or another also causes blurred vision which I was having big time in my right eye. You could actually feel a pulse in my cheecks the pain was that bad. And of course, the pain was so bad I wasn't eating or sleeping and being very pregnant, that was not good. The ER doctor decided it was time to give the pain meds to me because my inablitly to eat and sleep was causing stress on the baby and he felt that the pros out weighed the cons for the meds. The way to treat this problem is actually with medicine that I can not take at all while I am pregnant so I guess it is going to be a wait and see. I have been using the medicine only when I really need it. Today has been so-so thus far. I still have pain but it has been tolerable. I have been able to do some light housework with lots of rest in between chores. So, I am just going to keep praying and hope that I will be totally pain free soon. Blessings!!!!

No comments: