Monday, November 17, 2008

Oh baby its cold outside.

It is so cold outside. I guess in the grand scheme of winter weather, it isn't really that bad. It is about 30ish and around here in winter it can get alot colder. But when you are use to warm weather, the cold comes as a shock. So the fireplace is going and the kittens are all huddled up on the porch. I got up today to a coughing and congested 6yo and a 4yo with a belly ache and throwing up. Ahh, motherhood. Hopefully they will perk up soon. I dread the cold weather ahead. My kids thrive on the outdoors. I have a hard time with keeping them entertained in the cold and dark months. It also has me thinking about Christmas. I have no idea how to handle Christmas this year. I will probably have to use dh's saftey bonus and get some gifts from ebay and such. I hope he gets the bonus. He is also getting all next week off. He was hoping to be able to work through Thanksgiving, but they are shutting the job done for the week. He will be working 13 hour shifts for the next 6 days to try to make up for the pay differnce from the holidays. Ain't he sweet!!!!! I am also trying to find some cloth diapers and a baby bed on ebay super cheap. I keep holding out because I believe I will find a great bargain on them eventually. My church is also suppose to have a small dinner and gifts for me and the baby sometime soon. I will probably wait until then to really be on the hunt for deals that I need for the baby. I also wanted to say a big thanks to our dear friends Felix and Sherry for the gifts they gave us. We recieved a gifts set of about 4 shirts, 1 pants, a hat, and booties and also two beautiful and thick blankets. I wished my camera worked and I would post a pic of them. I was really hoping to get good blankets as the baby will be here in the winter and I don't have any good ones already. Well, I think I will go do some extra chores and sip some cocco with the kids by the fire;)

No comments: