Saturday, September 12, 2009

Friends of America Rally

This post is a little late, but better late than never. On Labor Day, we attended the Friends of America Rally. We heard rumors that a big crowd was to be expected so we left home at 4:30 am. We arrived at the site of the festivities which was an old surface mine, at about 6:00am. There was already a huge line of traffic but we got there early enough to get a good seat in front of the stage. The Rally lasted until seven that evening and we had a blast. There were 100,000 in attendance. That was a huge number for such a small town. Seeing rallies like this makes me have hope for the future of our country. I really hope this kind of awareness continues because it frightens me to think of what kind of America my kids will have. And since this rally, I am going to make certain that I will try to do more to ensure a better tomorrow for them. At least I will know that I tried as hard as I could for them.

I also would like to add that Glenn Beck is going to be hosting a special 9-12 project tomorrow on Fox News. I think it starts at noon. This project is to try to get average Americans to remember how we all felt on 9-12-09. The day after September 11th. He hopes to once again get Americans to stand together for our families and our country. I think it will be a great show.

Here are some pics from the rally. Ted Nuggent, Sean Hannity, Hank Williams Jr., and John Rich were the headliners for this event.








No comments: